What is Viton Extreme?
Viton Extreme (ETP-600S) is a high performance fluoroelastomer and is a brand of Chemours. It combines the excellent thermal resistance of Viton rubber with a unique resistance to chemicals and environments that have historically exceeded the performance of conventional fluoroelastomers. Specifically it offers the following performance characteristics:
- Significantly improved processing and end-use properties while maintaining excellent resistance to acids, hydrocarbons and low molecular weight esters, ketones and aldehydes.
- Low-temperature flexibility and is inherently resistant to base attack and volume changes in highly caustic solutions, amines and hot water.
- Improved compression set resistance and physical properties, all of which can improve seal performance and life.
What are typical applications of Viton Extreme?
It is suitable for environments where FKMs or FEPMs are not satisfactory, such as in automotive – including heavy duty/off-highway vehicles – aeronautical, chemical processing, oil field industries (it was originally developed to resist the sour (H2S) petroleum environments commonly found in the crude oils), as well as the pharmaceutical and food industries. For even more demanding environments it also offers a lower cost alternative to FFKM perfluoroelastomer where fluid swell is not critical.
Viton™ Extreme™ and Viton™ are registered trademarks of Chemours™.
Viton Extreme properties
The information provided here is only a guide to the primary characteristics and uses of Viton Extreme. The relationship between material, product performance and blend options is complex.
At DP Seals we pride ourselves on being able to provide specialist advice in selecting and developing exactly the right blend of materials to meet a vast range of performance requirements.
We also maintain a large quantity and variety of quality raw materials in stock, enabling us to offer fast turnaround and provide for tight deadlines.
Below you’ll find many free resources to help you think about material selection and we are always on hand to discuss your requirements and provide expert advice.
- Chemical Compatibility Database
- Rubber Compound Data Sheets
- Videos with Top Tips
- Guide to developing Custom Rubber Seals, Gaskets & Mouldings
- Rubber To Metal Bonding Guide
- Speak to our Material Technologists on +44 (0)1202 674671